Sunday, September 25, 2016

#34Before34 Part 5: The Last Week

I pretty much knew I was not going to get any more dates this last week. No one else was volunteering, and I honestly had no clue who to ask any more. So I looked for my outings.

Date/Outing #20-#23: I joined my friend and 3 of her Relief Society sisters on my morning off and helped them tie a quilt. It was nice talking and listening to various random things. I also had the great pleasure of seeing dozens of adorable missionaries...in my comfy PJs. :-)

Date/Outing #24-#26: After callbacks, since the ice cream Girls' Night was cancelled, I stopped by the Relief Society Cooking Group at my friend's house. It was basically over, but they were sitting around talking. So I joined in. I really enjoyed that

(They told me I should count the people I met and spoke to at callbacks. I did go out of my way to meet 2 of the ladies there, which is rather big considering I was dealing with nerves and no one would think ill of me for sitting in silence. But hey, I've been on a roll this month and extrovert was in full gear.

Date/Outing #27-#31: Relief Society Book Group! It was not at my house, though the hostess did choose a book I suggested--the one on introverts! I love our Book Group. And I was glad I was able to go and enjoy a relaxing evening talking and eating with them. I ended up having no other plans afterward, so I was able to thoroughly enjoy the outing without feeling rushed on to another one.

Date/Outing #32: After talking with my friend during the week, she was interested in joining me for my Breakfast with Shakespeare outing. I had gotten tickets for the Waffle Faire beforehand and couldn't find anyone to join me. She did and I was so glad to have her. She appreciated all the Shakespeare humor we encountered. And it was great to be able to talk with her for longer than a few minutes. (Technically I visited with her and her husband a couple of weeks ago--I totally should have counted that as an outing!) She was one of my first friends in my current ward, as well as my VT companion for many months. I miss seeing and talking with her more often. I believe this Challenge has gotten me to the desire that no matter how introvert I am, I want to keep up more frequently on existing friendships and not just an occasional Hello.

Date/Outing #33-#38: I decided, in spite of my being very tired, that I would go to the midsingle BBQ I had seen advertised. I walked in and immediately went up to a mother and her two kids and started to chat with her. She was so nice and accepting and friendly. Yay! Introduced me to a couple of people we knew. And my introvert comfort zone was fine sticking with them through the duration of my time there. I did recognize quite a few people there. And maybe if I hadn't spent all me energies that month on the challenge, I would have gone around and caught up with them. But I was spent--physically as well as introvertedly.

Date/Outing #39-#68: We had our Cast Party for the summer musical I was in. Not everyone was able to come and yet there were still 30 there. I knew there would be at least 20. I could have just had that for an outing and had only a few dates. ;-) But that wouldn't have helped me meet my goal then. The Cast Party was probably one of the very best ways I could wrap up my challenge with. I had so much fun. Even if I was so very little involved in the show, I made some very wonderful friends from it. Ones who always made me feel included. I do miss seeing them more regularly, but I sure am glad I have such fabulous friends in my life now.

Date/Outing #69-#71: My birthday sleepover! 3 of my cast buddies came to my house for a sleepover. Still in the middle of it, as they haven't woken up and I need to go make us breakfast. Some of us will be going up to hear another fellow cast member speak, as he leaves for his mission in a couple of weeks. And at some point some of us will be watching last night's Women's Conference together. I love these girls--so glad they wanted to spend time with me.

So, there it is. I more than doubled my challenge, which I didn't expect at all. I well and fully met my goals in the challenge. And I created an absolutely memorable month.

No comments:

Post a Comment