Friday, September 16, 2016

#34Before34 Part 3: Week 2

This was a much calmer week because I had TA training and my mini-vacation.

Date/Outing #9 & 10: While on my vacation, I met up with a couple of girls from the midsingles FB group who lived in that area. We had dinner. Enjoyed the get-to-know you questions. And had fun talking about some of the people we have been "meeting" on the FB group. They were fun gals and I really enjoyed our girls' night.

#9 also joined me for a Shakespeare play that evening. I provided the tickets. She got me a brownie. Mmmmm.... And we figured out that we have an ancestor in common. The play was amazing and we had a very great time laughing a lot.

Date/Outing #11 & 12: I went Visiting Teaching. I am totally counting those. I was out of my house. I had one-on-one visits with 2 of my VTees. I had good conversations. Laughs. Some tears. Met the new baby. Helped solve a problem. Deepend friendships. Totally in the goals of the challenge.

Date/Outing #13: A good friend of mine (we met when I first moved back to Utah Part 3--one of my very first friends!) just finished school. She has a slight break, so we decided to have a get-together so we could catch up. It was 6 months since out last visit. We had a lot of catching up to do. She made me dinner at her really cute apartment and we gabbed for a couple of hours. OK. Three and a half hours. Worth it and needed it.

Date/Outing #14: So, this one was a little different. He had contacted me a week ago on Facebook--when all the other guys were volunteering to my challenge. Instead of saying "I'd like to be one of your dates," he came right out and asked me out. I was thinking "OK, I guess I'll go with that," though that wasn't supposed to be the plan. I didn't want the men to think I was begging for dates and they had to plan and pay for an activity. Since I wanted the dates, I was going to plan them (and pay if there was a cost). But I went with it, because who am I to refuse a man being a gentleman? 

As it turns out, I learned on the date that he had no idea about my Challenge. Completely missed that post. He did see my post when I was trying to find someone to join me for the Shakespeare play. He said he had noticed my posts before and looked at my FB page. We had mutual friends and he had wanted to ask me out. According to him, "the Bard is the reason [he] finally asked me." So how about that? If I hadn't done my challenge at all, I still would have met my 1 date a month goal. :-) And it was a very nice date--best conversation I've had so far with all the dates (but excluding the outings).

No comments:

Post a Comment