Thursday, August 25, 2016

Working it out in my mind...maybe

Note: I wasn't interested in his profile. But I still had the guilty feeling of blocking so many men who were messaging me. So I thought I would converse, even if not fully.

Aug 12 7:23am
Him: Cute pictures, how are you doing today?​

Aug 12 8:34am
Me: I am very busy these days, but I am well, thank you.

Aug 12 9:34am
Him: Nice, what do you like to do for fun?​

Aug 13 11:57pm
Me: Read, sing, dance, bake, host parties, be in musicals, exercise, play piano, play card/board games, be with friends and family, go camping.

Aug 15 7:26am
Him: Very cool,  how was your weekend?​

Aug 15 8:19am
Me: It was good. Rather busy on Saturday, which hasn't helped with me being sick. So I had to back out of a couple things last night so I could rest.

Him: Awe i am sorry,  I hope you get well soon!  Any plans this week?​

Me: Thanks. I have a few more performances in my musical this week. And work, of course, with afterschool programs starting up again because it's back to school. Then on Saturday I get to meet Josh Groban. So it's going to be a pretty amazing week.

Aug 15 9:22am
Him: That sounds great! Glad you have a good week planned!​

Aug 15 3:04pm
Me: Me, too!

Aug 15 3:48pm
Him: How's your day going?​

Aug 15 5:38pm
Him: What are you doing tonight ​

Aug 15 6:10pm
Me: I have my musical performance tonight

Him: Oh nice!​

Aug 15 11:10pm
Me: Yeah, it is pretty awesome

Aug 16 7:19am
Him: I bet it was!​

Aug 18 7:39am
Him: Hi how are you doing today?​

Aug 18 5:56pm
Me: I am well. You?

Silence. I'm not upset about it. More relieved. I just still find it curious. Maybe it is men don't pursue online when the woman isn't fawning all over them? True, I didn't really ask him anything--because I wasn't interested. But what of the men that I did ask questions who dropped me suddenly? I showed genuine interest, but certainly wasn't fawning. Maybe I've discovered the secret....

No comments:

Post a Comment