Friday, August 26, 2016

More evidence to my Ghosting Theory?

(Dating site)
Him: Hi how are you? I am lds too, love it and was hoping we could talk and get to know eachother​

Me: Well, Hello! Thank you for reaching out to chat.

Him: You bet, how are you today?

Me: ​I am actually recovering from an illness, so I am exhausted. Mornings are always so hard with this! But work calls. How are you?

Him: I'm so sorry to hear that, I'm great just enjoying a day off lol​

Me: Days off are fabulous. I could use a couple of those!

Him: Right?
Him: ​So you've gone through all the utah temples?​

Me: Yes. It was my goal to serve in 15 Utah temples in 2015.

Him: That's so awesome i need to go through more i love it my favorite thing to go to the temple​

Me: I adore temples. My total right now is seen 31, been inside 28, and served in 23. I hope to make those numbers go up much more!

Him: That's so awesome you are amazing​

Me: :-) Thank you! I have to log off so I can head to work. Would you like to transfer this to emailing, or texting?

Him: Text would be perfect, _(#)_____ I'm _(name)____ btw​

Me: Great! My name is _____. My # is ______.

Him: There's too many numbers there lol​
Him: Ok never mind got it fixed my phone just glitched​

He texted 3 minutes later. Over the course of the day we proceeded to talk about interests, his son, missions, his returning to activity in the Church, his mother passing on, eternal families. It was a pretty even conversation, as far as asking questions.

Him: Thanks you are very impressive and your love for the gospel is super attractive

Me: Thank you!

Him: Of course
Him: Do you have a pic of you?

Me: I don't have many on my phone, but here is one from last year at our family reunion.
[picture]

Him: You are so beautiful

Me: Thank you :-)

Him: Of course you are so welcome
Him: How's work?

Me: It is going well

Him: Glad to hear it when do you get off?

Me: ___[time]___

Him: Oh ok any plans after?

Me: Yep. My musical performance.

Him: Oh ya? What kind?

Me: ___[musical]___

Him: Oh wow what are you doing in that

Me: Just a small role at the dance and in the finale

Him: Wow very impressive, look at you go

Me: It is one of the things I like to do [as mentioned in early conversation just that afternoon...]

Him: That's so awesome

Me: Thank you

Him: Of course is it over? [asked only an hour after I had told him I would get off work]

Me: No. We haven't even gone on

Him: Oh ok

Next day, afternoon

Him: How are you today?

Me: I am well, thank you. How are you?

10 days later. Still no answer. Does this give me another piece of evidence to my theory in the previous post? I was asking him questions, showing interest. But I didn't fawn--asking for his pic (because I really don't care for one at that stage of a getting-to-know-you relationship), or what he was up to in the evening because I was in the middle of doing something. Maybe I'm on to something. Because why else would a guy go from repeatedly telling me that he thought I was amazing or impressive, to ghosting?

Not that it affects my faith in men, or my belief that my desires will be fulfilled one day. But my curiosity continues to be piqued. I won't turn in to a fawning girl to prevent it, but good to know in future I suppose.

Even MORE curious: according to my text messages, I noticed later the little exclamation symbol next to my picture, which is supposed to mean that the picture never got sent. So, did he really see my picture, or was he just stating I was pretty when there was nothing to look at? Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment