Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Sound of Silence

Him: Hey, how's it going? You are so gorgeous

Me: Thank you. :-) things are going well. How are you?

Been over a month. Things must be terrible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Him: Hey!

Me: Hi!

Another month gone by in silence. He must not have been able to think of anything else to say....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me: Hello! How is your summer going?

Him: My summer is going pretty well. How about yours?

Me: Really well. Busier at work than I had hoped, but that always keeps things interesting.

Him: Busy can be good. Better than bored stiff, I'd imagine. What do you do?

Me: I am a youth services librarian. What do you do?

Him: Market Research Analyst

Me: Nice

Him: I enjoy it. So what brings you to [dating site]?

Me: Looking to meet active LDS men

Him: Hi, my name is ______

Me: Hi. My name is _______

And then silence. It's been 2 weeks. I guess he didn't like my name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Him: Well hello hello

Me: Hi!

And silence. Again, for 2 weeks. Perhaps I was too informal with hi instead of hello?

No comments:

Post a Comment