Monday, July 11, 2016

Selling His Case

Him: So do you really believe we are 99% compatible? Or you think this is a very inaccurate singles' site...​

Me: It is not the most accurate algorithm, and it doesn't factor in the number of questions answered. Plus--it doesn't factor in crucial questions that only people themselves come up with as important to them.

Him: So what's a crucial question or questions you would come up for me?​

Me: Well, considering our age difference and the desires I have in life, I would ask are you LDS? What are your plans for the next 40 years? How many kids would you like to have?

Him: Yes I am LDS, in the next 40 years, I have a plan to keep physically fit and healthy, I also have a plan to keep mentally, emotionally and spiritually fit and healthy as well, in the next 10 years, to earn 100 million dollars get married and have at least 4 children; in the next 10 years I also have the plan to record my piano and music compositions. How about you?​

Me: I am also LDS. In the next 40 years, I want to continue loving and experiencing life while serving the Lord. I would also like to see more of the world Heavenly Father created for us. I still dream of 10 children, and believe much of that will happen with adoption now that I am older.

Him: You're perfectly young and healthy enough to have 10 children yourself; if you believe, you can do it; let's begin with the first step, how about dinner this coming Friday?​

Me: I have a lot of health issues, so I will be very blessed and grateful if I am able to have 1. I have generally had a wide age range for dating, but I'm sorry, with you being 18 years older than me, you are a few years out of it.

Him: Totally understanding; but just a thought for you to consider, thanks God I am healthy and strong, more than many guys in their 20s and 30s, and I will be for 50 more years; age is relative when it comes down to health; my age doesn't take away any of the abilities of a normal man. But thanks for sharing : )​

Me: I consider my father one of the healthiest men I know. He has always taken care of himself. But he is only a decade older than you, and I am watching how age slows things down and make things difficult that no amount of healthy living can change. That is why for now I have lowered my age limit for me I date. Thank you for being understanding.

Him: Hey, no problem, life is a matter of choice and preferences, you'll find what you want according to your faith and willingness to submit to God's will. I recently learned that we singles remain single because we look for what we want and not for what God wants for us.​

Me: About wants, that is a truth. However I recently was at a conference where I learned that God gives us desires in our lives, and He wouldn't give us those desires if He didn't intend for us to have them in His time. Part of the Conference was spent figuring out what out desires are, as they relate to our core values. And my desires have started to be fulfilled ever since. So I know He is bringing about His promises to me.

There are so many thoughts that come to mind about this. I'll just say that yes, this guy is 20 years older than me. And the slight creepiness of him telling me I was young and healthy and I could have 10 kids

No comments:

Post a Comment