Saturday, July 9, 2016

Futile Requests for Ego Stroking

Sunday I had a conversation--which scared me to death since I didn't know how he had gotten my number. It also frustrated, confused and slightly annoyed me. Then it became a little clearer how it came about and I was ok. I thought it was over.



Until it continued today--bringing about the familiar feeling of annoyance.

Oh my word.


People out there....




Him: Let's talk

Me: I'm sorry--who is this?

Him: _____

Me: Ok. I know 5 or 6 _____s. Which one are you?

Him: Just _____ in _[city]___
Him: Let's meet up

Me: Sorry. Still no idea who you are

Him: No problem. Any plans today?
Him: Let's meet for a date. [winky face]

Me: I am not going to meet someone for a date when I have no idea who they are

Him: Do you have Skype?

Me: Yes

Him: What is your user name please?

Me: No. First I want to know how I am supposed to know you.

Him: We were talking on POF and you gave me your number. Remember? [smiley face]

[no answer from me, because I was at church]

Him: Well?
Him: May I call?

Me: Pof?

Him: Yes. Plenty of Fish

Me: Is that a dating site? Sorry, I don't use that. The girl who had my number before me likes to give it out to people she doesn't want to talk to. If that is your case I am sorry.

Him: Lol. What?! Hahaha

Me: I am not the girl you're looking for.

[So tempted to say Not the Droid....]

6 DAYS LATER!!!!!

Him: Good Morning


[Let's play dumb, since I know who it is, and maybe he forgot about the whole I'm not the same girl he had been talking to so I needed to remind him again]

Me: Who is this?

Him: _______

Me: The guy with the wrong number?

Him: Huh?

Me: We established last week that I am not the girl you think I am. So you have the wrong number.

Him: May I get your opinion on something?

[I seriously thought it was going to be about online dating sites or something. I feel like I never learn!]

Me: I suppose


Him: I work out and eat healthy daily. May I get your opinion on my body and progress?

Me: If that means you sending me pictures of your physique, then no.

Him: I almost have a six pack though


Me: Sorry. That doesn't impress me.
Me: And it sounds like you don't need my feedback on that

Him: I would appreciate it though. [smiley face]



Me: No thanks.

Him: Please? Just one picture?


Me: No. Please stop texting me

No comments:

Post a Comment