Sunday, July 10, 2016

Rudeness Won't Get You Anywhere Either

Him: Hello there, let me introduce myself, my name is _____, how are you?

Me: Hello, _____. I am doing well, thank you. I would like to let you know that I am on here looking for active LDS men. I don't want to waste other men's time. But thank you for saying hello.

Him: You are not a waste of my time, I won't have said hello if I thought you were.

Me: Thank you, but nothing is going to happen beyond this, so I need to focus my attention and efforts elsewhere.

Him: Why wouldn't it? I never said I wasn't LDS, you probably should be less judgmental going forward.

Me: Your profile says that you are Christian, and it isn't important. I am looking for a man who puts God first because he loves to and wants to. It also says you drink socially. I don't want a man who drinks. The LDS men I am looking for love being Christian, and do not drink. That is why it would be a waste of my time, if not yours.

Him: So you want a hypocrite or a lier, good luck with that.

Me: Wow, you're a winner. Thank you for not really understanding.

Lesson learned: As soon as I receive the chat message, and I see on their profile that they do not match what I am looking for, I should block them then and there. So much for trying to be polite. So much for trying to not do what so many men on these online sites do to me. Since this should finally show me that the majority of the men on these sites are not understanding, and cannot be men and gentlemen by graciously accepting "No, thank you" as an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment