Sunday, April 17, 2016

Now Accepting Applications

Over the last week, I was able to see that I have forgiven both the man and woman who have caused me all the pain I was going through for a couple of weeks. I felt prompted yesterday that perhaps I should let this man know. So I went online today to tell him, and learned that the two of them just got engaged. Imagine that--the time it can take to forgive someone can also be the time it takes to get engaged!

I'm not totally sure how I'm feeling about it. Trying to do a feelings check, and I can't come up with specific emotions. But I do have one overall conclusion: I'm fine with it. And that's all I need to know.

I have managed to find the irony, however. Over my dating time as an adult, I have had what could either be a cursing or a blessing. It is certainly a hidden power. I have lost track of how many men I have dated (either 1 or 2 dates or actual dating relationships) who have found their spouses immediately after dating me.

I used to joke that men who were serious about finding a relationship should date me, because they would find her right after me. But I'm starting to think this might be a good idea. After all, I'd be doing a huge service to the singles community in getting relationships going and people out of the singles scene. And in the mean time, I would be getting dates and experiences and even friendships out of that. The men and I would have a good time and in the end they would find happiness. I like helping others find happiness. But I wouldn't be left in the lurch. Because "all these things shall give thee experience," and, as the Lord has promised me, my turn would come in the right time. And every one of my desires will not only be fulfilled, but I will be more ready to recognize, receive, and accept them because of all the experiences that I'd had.
Yes. I think it is a good idea.

Now accepting applications for active LDS men who are serious about finding a relationship and looking to have fun dates while getting to make/improve a friendship. High return on investment guaranteed, for both parties.

Come to think of it, I think this ad has been in place for quite a few years. We just forgot to print and announce it.

2 comments:

  1. Once I went on a blind date with a guy, and the next week he asked another girl to marry him. Weirdsauce.

    ReplyDelete