Thursday, November 5, 2015

Lean On..._______?

Being single, I have had to find my own independence. While that has made me strong and able to live not just on my own, but live well on my own, that doesn't mean it is what I want or need. Because guess what? I need a man. I need my husband, or my castle as my Wife class has made analogy to. Many may say it is unfeminine and/or demeaning my own gender to say so, but I heartily disagree.


Why? Because I was not meant to do all of this on my own. I was meant to have an equal partner--a man to help support me and me to support him.
For us to work together in making our dreams come true and to have someone to rely and lean on when times are rough for one or both of us.

And though I'm doing a fairly decent job of living on my own and making it on my own, I inevitably reach times like right now. When I'm ready to fall over because I cannot take any more. I'm exhausted from bearing it all alone. And I have no one to lean on. No one to help me carry that load. No one to hold me while I cry and try to find my strength again. It is not the only reason I would like my husband, my castle with me now, but oh my it sure stands out to me when I reach these moments.


Where is the man who will let me put my head on his shoulder because it is too heavy to remember all it needs to do.

To hold me up because my back cannot bear the burdens any more.

To wipe away the tears.

To let me know in his every action that all will one day be well again--and that I can make it through anything because he is at my side.

And where is the man who will give me my greatest desire and purpose in this life--to do and be all of those things for him when he needs it?


Times like now can be rough. So instead I'll try to make myself feel better by watching fictional couples live what I long for. :-) And by relying on my Savior. Though He cannot help me as my husband one day will, He will continue to give me emotional and spiritual peace and reassurance and I'll continue on continuing on as I have all the other times.

*This post brought to you by my love of period dramas, British shows, and admiration of fictional couples.


No comments:

Post a Comment