Wednesday, November 4, 2015

If he can see it, why can't other guys?

A couple weeks ago I heard something that me laugh and blush at the same time. It was from my work-ish-related project mentor. He is a very successful leader in my work field, becoming pretty well-known nationally. We are opposites in so many ways (LDS vs not, non-smoker vs. not, meat-lover vs. vegan; straight vs. gay), and yet have found plenty in common to be friends. I've really enjoyed making his friendship over the last year. He makes me laugh and gives me interesting and informative perspectives on so many things in my library world.

He said this the other day: "I can say this because I'm not your co-worker, and because I'm gay--I think you're quite a catch."

And I was extremely flattered. 

He has made it his mission to find someone for me. Because he, too, can see the crime in singleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment