Saturday, October 3, 2015

Elder Hales' Counsel - in cutesy pics

Elder Hales' talk in today's LDS General Conference was perfect for those of us in the single world. I loved his counsel. So I created some quote pics of some of the fabulous things he said. Definitely a talk worth reading many times. I added a few of my thoughts prefacing each quote.

 Always keep in mind.


It's a necessity. Live with it.


 What I am to focus on now.


For the Peter Pans, and the Polly Pans, too. I was very grateful that this was said, since my sorrow over the last few months boils down to the fact that Mr. April is a Peter Pan. This quote won't change my situation, but I'm relieved that I'm not the only one who has noticed this happening everywhere! And for my own lesson in it, now that, in my 30s, I'm finally getting dates, I need to make sure I don't just spend my time having fun or simply practicing. I need to date with the intention to move things along and not dragging my feet.


Extremely wise, especially considering all the divorcees I'm encountering whom I've heard say that they realized later that they didn't know the person very well.

Not for movies! Which reminds me of a fabulous CES Fireside that Elder Scott gave a few years ago. Don't go on dates where you can't talk! Frustrates me. Especially as I really learned that with Mr. First (aka my first boyfriend, the man I dated my Freshman year at BYU). We had 9 dates. 7 of those involved sitting through a movie/musical function which we could not speak to each other. We were lucky that we worked together and had time there to talk to each other. But those dates, ug. All I wanted to do was talk to him and we couldn't.

 (Note that she is a he in my case.)

Patience. Wait. Single to God. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment